We’re open to some friendly cross-marketing with local businesses, so please get in touch if you’d like your business to be featured on our links page and we can exchange back-scratches.
- Peter Vardy – Scotland’s best family owned car dealership. Our brand partners and supplier of our luxury Land Rover Discovery which is available to collect you at the airport or train station on your arrival. Tel: 0333 456 0505
- Magic Cycles – Local bike hire in the village of Bowling, under 2 miles from the cottages and next to the canal cycle path in the arches at Bowling Basin. Tel: 01389 873433
- Auchentoshan Distillery – Local distillery, just one mile away. Visit for a tour and dram or two! Phone to book your tour. Tel: 01389 878561
- Glengoyne Distillery – Glengoyne: Another local distillery, around 20 minutes’ drive from the cottages. Tel: 01360 550254
- SoHo on Miller Street – Fantastic, relaxed restaurant in the centre of Glasgow. Famous for its pizza and atmosphere. Or try its sister restaurant, Little SoHo at Jordanhill. Tel: 0141 221 1568
- The Corinthian – The place to be seen in Glasgow and one of its most beautiful buildings! Offering decadent dining, stunning bars, casino and a nightclub. Tel: 0141 552 1101
- La Barca – Award winning tapas restaurant in the nearby picturesque town of Helensburgh. Our favourite and they also own the Riverbank, a few doors down for more traditional grub! Tel: 01436 268 518. Please also visit their sister restaurant “Cattle & Creel”. You wont be disappointed!
- Glencairn – Found by the old bridge in Dumbarton and looks like an “old mans pub” from the outside, but sells fantastic food at very reasonable prices. Tel: 01389 732 816
- Abbotsford Hotel – Local restaurant with a large and varied menu. Only a few minutes from the cottages on the A82, by Dumbarton. Tel: 01389 733 304
- Courtyard Café – Near the picturesque village of Fintry, you will find our favourite café. Homemade ice cream from the farm and amazing scones, not to mention a deli! Tel: 01360 860 132
- Ardardan Estate – An amazing farm shop, garden centre, visitors farm, deli and café. Located between Cardross and Helensburgh. Tel: 01389 849188
- Auchentullich Farm Shop – If you’re on the west side of Loch Lomond be sure to pop in for some delicious locally sourced produce. You must also visit the picture postcard village of Luss. Tel: 01389 850 240
- Ingliston Country Club – In Bishopton, across the Clyde you will find one of the U.K.s leading equestrian centres. It has an amazing restaurant, where you can dine and watch the horses showjumping. Riding lessons also available and even hair and beauty treatments. Tel: 0845 301 1010
- Mar Hall – Just across the Clyde. Offering golf at The Earl of Mar course, spa treatments, fine dining including the excellent Il Posto Italian restaurant. Gavinburn Cottages guests also receive discounts. Tel: 0141 812 9999
- Cameron House – Dine at the Cameron Grill or Martin Wisharts or the more casual Boathouse, whilst gazing out to Loch Lomond. Sheer luxury! Tel: 01389 755 565
- The Carrick – For golf and pamper fans! Award winning golf course and a five star spa on the banks of Loch Lomond. Tel: 01389 755 565
- Lomond Beauty – Top beauty therapists available to come to your cottage for all your nail and makeup needs and general pampering! Tel: 07875 367 822
- Divine Hair by Karen – Going somewhere posh? Attending a wedding? Well, let Karen and her team come to the cottages and work their magic. Tel: 07850 656 069
- Littles Chauffeur Drive – Available to take you anywhere you want to go in absolute luxury. They can deliver you to the cottages or collect you at the cottages. They also specialise in fully-guided chauffeur driven leisure tours around Scotland’s landmarks and castles. The choice is yours! Tel: 0141 883 2111. Carrs of Loch Lomond also offer an excellent service.
- Clydebank Taxis – Black hackney cabs to take you to town or the shops. Available at short notice. Tel: 0141 941 1101
- Allander Cabs – Small private hire company renowned for low prices and can be booked for regular trips throughout your stay. Ideal to pre-book, for getting you back to the cottages from Glasgow city centre at night. Tel: 0141 9429000
- The Waverley – The world’s last ocean going paddle steamer. Worth booking for a trip “doon the watter”. Sail down the Clyde whilst listening to live bands, enjoying a meal and a drink in one of the two bars on board and taking in the fabulous views. Stopping at Bute, Cumbrae, Arran etc. Tel: 0845 130 4647
- Sweeney’s Cruises – See Loch Lomond by boat. Various times and types of loch cruises and only 15 minutes from the cottages. Tel: 01389 752 376
- Loch Lomond Sea Planes – See Loch Lomond and surrounding countryside by air. Take off and land on water. Tel: 01436 675030
- Lomond Shores – Local tourist attraction on the banks of Loch Lomond at Balloch. Lots of excellent shops including the high end department store, Jenners. Also Loch Lomond Sea Life Aquarium, restaurants, bike hire, play parks, loch cruises, water sports, special events etc. Lots of other eateries in Balloch too. Tel: 01389 751031
Duncryne Equine Centre – Great for horse riding lessons for all ages and abilities. Only 15-20 minutes from the cottages at Gartocharn and near Loch Lomond. Tel: 01389 830 425
- Glasgow’s Museums – Too many to mention and they are all great and you can find them all here. Perfect if it’s raining! Tel: 0141 2874350
- House of Darrach – A shopping and dining destination located in the lovely village of Gartocharn, near Loch Lomond. Lots of gift ideas and you must try their carvery! 01389 830448
- Kyloe Steak Restaurant & Grill – If you are heading to Edinburgh for the day, please visit here for lunch or dinner. The best steaks in Edinburgh! 0131 2293402
- Hertz Car Hire – Available at Glasgow airport. Tel: 0843 309 3099
- Ramsay MacFarlane – Graphic & Web Designer
There are currently 3 bars in the village of Old Kilpatrick:
- The Twisted Thistle – Newly refurbished and noted for its live entertainment and food – Tel: 07757 126803
- The Ettrick Bar – Situated right in the centre of the village and famed for its excellent Indian menu and atmosphere. Also has regular live music and quiz nights – Tel: 01389 872821
- The Glen Lusset – Serves food and holds regular party nights. Found directly under the Erskine Bridge. Recently re-furbished.
Old Kilpatrick also has 3 general shops for all your daily grocery needs, 2 excellent cafés, 2 takeaway restaurants, a wine bar, a fish and chip shop, a chemist, 2 hairdressers and a beauticians. For Sunday worship, there is also a church and a chapel. The medical practice in the village can be contacted on 01389 872575.
Please don’t keep us a secret. Gavinburn Cottages grows it’s guest list from referrals. If you know someone who would love to stay at Gavinburn Cottages, please forward them our details to earn a discount on your next booking through our “tell-a-friend” special offer.